Contact Us

The global electric car stock has grown to more than 2 million. As people become more environmentally conscious, major car manufacturers are making big changes. For example, from 2019, every Volvo car will have an electric motor, and BMW has announced that it will electrify its entire range.

Electric cars are becoming increasingly affordable and faster and, with new battery technology, the range of electric vehicles is increasing rapidly. There will inevitably be significantly more electric vehicles on our roads in years to come.

But if you choose to own an electric vehicle, where will you charge it? You can plug into your domestic 13 Amp power supply at home, and that’s how most people recharge their electric car at the moment. Around 60% of the UK population have off-street parking at home, but what if you are one of the other 40%? If you use your electric vehicle for commuting, charging at work might be an option. Some employers provide charging points for electric vehicles at places of work however this is not yet common place for multi-occupied, tenanted developments such as business parks.

The owners of Horsley Business Centre, a developmentof 10 modern office units in two buildings on the edge of the village of Horsley, some 10 miles west of Newcastle upon Tyne, have recognised that there is likely to be a surge in demand for electric vehicle charging points at your place of work in the future. They have taken the decision to install a twin electric vehicle charging point in the car park at Horsley Business Centre.

The charging facility, which has been operating since March 2018, uses a card system with a support software package, and is available to all the tenants and their visitors at Horsley Business Centre.

The owners of the centre have recognised that to compete with other office schemes, they must be innovative, and offer what their tenants need in a changing world. They are also keen to show their green credentials. Although the development is only 12 years old, the owners carried out a refurbishment of the common parts last year including the replacement of the lighting systems with low energy fittings.

YoungsRPS is the managing and letting agent at Horsley Business Centre. Modern, high quality office suites from around 500 sq ft are offered on flexible lease terms.

For full details of available accommodation and letting terms, contact Michael Blake at our Newcastle office on 0191 2610300 or email michael.blake@youngsrps.com.

Our Offices

Alnwick

Russell House
Greenwell Rd
Northumberland
NE66 1HB

Land Agency
01665 606 800

Hexham

Priestpopple
Hexham
Northumberland
NE46 1PS

Estate Agency
01434 608 980

Land Agency
01434 609 000

Newcastle

Shakespeare House
18 Shakespeare St
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE1 6AQ

Commercial
0191 261 0300

Northallerton

80-81 High St
Northallerton
North Yorkshire
DL7 8EG

Estate Agency
01609 773 004

Land Agency
01609 781 234

Sedgefield

50 Front Street
Sedgefield
Co. Durham
TS21 2AQ

Estate Agency
01740 617 377

Land Agency
01740 622 100

Dumfries

114 Drumlanrig Street
Thornhill
Dumfriesshire
DG3 5LS

Land Agency
01848 332 414